Sunday, September 7, 2014

Coral Stripes

Hey friends! As usual, I started off really excited about this manicure, then as I was doing it I just knew it would look awesome, but then I got to a point where I felt like the final product wasn't going to live up to my expectations , but then once I was actually finally done I was really pleased! Ah, the emotional roller coaster that is nail art :P

In direct sunlight.
As I so often do, I have to credit someone for this look. Unfortunately I don't know who exactly that someone is, but I pinned this image a long time ago and finally decided to go for it today. It was definitely one of the more time consuming manis I've done in a while, but some of that time was just waiting for polish to dry before I could lay down my striping tape. And applying striping tape - once to paint the lines and then again for the final look - is just going to be time consuming, no way around it. One thing I "learned" with this mani though is that the conventional wisdom (at least according to most things I've read) is wrong, wrong, wrong!!!! I've seen so many blogs that say when using tape for nail art you need to peel the tape off asap after you've applied the paint. Recently however, I was looking at someone's blog and they had AMAZING straight, sharp lines and on their faq page they said they actually waited for the paint to dry before peeling off the tape. I wish I could remember whose blog it was so I could give them credit; I even tried to find it today but I just don't remember who it was! In any case, I tried this technique and will definitely be using it from now on :)

In indirect sunlight 1.

The polishes I used for this are Orly White Tips, OPI DS Radiance, and Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Coral Reef. I also used some square rhinestones - four on my left hand and just one on my right hand.

Thanks to my hubs for taking this pic with his phone so I could showcase the total look :)

I really like how each hand is different, and even each finger with stripes is different, but the whole thing goes together so well!

In indirect sunlight 2.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. You did so well! It's such a beautiful design :)
    www.spontaneousnails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete