Sunday, August 31, 2014

T-I-G-E-R-S!!!

For the season opener of the 2014-15 football season, I decided I wanted to do some tiger nails to support my Clemson tigers! Major thanks to Hanna from newlypolished for the great inspiration!


For this, I started with two coats of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Sun Kissed. This polish was kind of goopy and hard to work with. Because it wasn't going on smooth, I made a spur of the moment decision to put one coat of Spoiled by Wet n Wild Vitamin C on top and I'm glad it did. I love how the gold glitter sparkles against the orange. Plus it really smoothed things out, making it easier to paint the design.


To paint the tiger, first I sponged on a bit of white on my middle and ring finger, then painted some yellow in a marquise shape for the eye, and finally finished it all of with the black stripes. Surprisingly, I would actually consider this one of the "easier" freehand designs I've done. It did take some time, but other than the eyes it was kind of easy because precision didn't matter. The black stripes are supposed to be wavy!


Unfortunately, Clemson lost pretty badly to the Georgia Bulldogs, but we had fun watching the game and hanging out. And there's always next week :) 


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment