Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Shiny Sparkly Stamping Goodness!

Do you ever have a plan in mind for a mani, and then by the time you're done things have gone in a very different direction?? That was totally what happened to me today! I initially was going to do a quasi-Skittle mani with a minty/teal base, a pink & purple stamp on my pointer and middle finger, some rhinestones on my ring finger, and some glitter on my pinky. For some reason though, before I even started painting I decided to use a sparkly white liquid sand polish for the base. On top of this I was going to do a three-color/gradient stamp (kind of like AmyGrace from The Polished Perfectionist did here) with pink, purple, and that minty/teal color. Pretty, right? Well, the pink and the minty/teal didn't show up very well on top of the white so I ended up doing "just" a plain old purple stamp. As my husband said though, I think this ended up looking very classy :)


For this look I used OPI Solitaire which is one of the liquid sand polishes. Honestly, I probably never would have thought to stamp on top of a textured polish but I recently saw Sarah from Chalkboard Nails do this lovely stamping and thought it looked great, so it must have been in the back of my mind! The stamp is from MoYou's Sailor Collection - plate #03 - and I used Sinful Colors Tempest.


Of course, after I did the stamping I decided to gloss it up, but mostly just because I was hoping to extend the life of this mani. (It definitely looked cool and unique without any topcoat at all!) I ended up putting on two coats of Gelous because, just like a glitter polish, Solitaire was very thirsty and soaked the first coat right up! I topped it all off with Seche Vite and now it is shiny sparkly stamping goodness :)


Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment