Sunday, June 15, 2014

Shocking Pink!!!

Yesterday was my first official day at the pool for the 2014 season so I had to celebrate with a very summer-y mani! This is China Glaze Shocking Pink and it is definitely very bright. I used striping tape to create the lines on my ring finger, with my trusty OPI DS Radiance over top of white. This is what it looked like before I painted over the striping tape:


This manicure was inspired by this image I found on Pinterest, although I don't know who it belongs to. (Let me know if you do!) In hindsight, if I do something like this again, I might actually just use the striping tape itself to create the lines instead of painting over top of them and pulling the tape off. I think it would look a lot cleaner/sharper, although even with a few coats of topcoat it probably wouldn't be a very long-lasting look!

As you might notice, the left corner of my middle finger is chipped. That happened last night and I was pretty annoyed, but instead of shortening all my nails I decided to just let it be and "ignore" it. So pretend like you don't see it ;)

Alright, enough talk - I'm off to the pool again ;) Enjoy the pics!






No comments:

Post a Comment