Monday, June 16, 2014

I Got Nothin' to Hide...

So waaaaay back when in the days of yore (haha, j/k - it was only like six months ago although it feels like it's been for-ev-er!) I made my very first blog post. I talked a lot about my Dermatillomania, and since that first post I've touched on it a couple of times, but not lately. Actually it looks like the last time I really discussed my picking, stress, anxiety, depression, etc. was in February. Since then, I think I've been sucked into the vortex of pretty pictures, graceful hands, and flawless nail art that dominate Pinterest; I've focused too much on trying to achieve nails that look great in a photograph, and didn't want to talk about my picking issues or post "icky" images that might cause some people to shy away from my blog. But I'm trying to remember why I started this blog in the first place, and today I feel like I really need the reminder. This is what my thumb looks like right now:



To those unfamiliar with skin picking, it may look like I've had a reaction to a caustic chemical or something - I honestly don't know what "normal" people think when they see that - but this is all self inflicted. In terms of severity, for me personally this isn't actually that bad, although I haven't been really bad in a long time so this is sort of a low point. And even as I sit here typing this I'm picking at a spot on my upper back...

So I don't know what the point of today's post is. I have no thesis statement, I just felt like I should be honest and not pretend like I'm something I'm not. I've got nothing to hide :)

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment