Sunday, March 16, 2014

Perfectly Purple Stamped Mani

Hey there! So two weeks ago my MoYou order came in and I've been looking forward to trying them out ever since! I got the chance today and for my first attempt with stamping, I'd have to say that I am pleased with the quality of the stamping system but hoping to improve on my stamping technique :)

For this mani I unearthed some of my older bottles from the bottom of my bin. They were excited to see the light of day :) I used three colors: Barielle Jess' Champagne Toast on my pointer and pinky, Ulta Purple Haze on my thumb and ring finger, and Revlon No Shrinking Violet on my middle finger. I used the Sailor Collection plate #03, the image in the middle row, second from the right, and stamped it in No Shrinking Violet on top of my ring finger. Unfortunately the stamp didn't quite cover the whole nail, as I had been afraid that it might not. I think this is partially due to the fact that the actual image isn't much bigger than my nail, but also due to the fact that I didn't have it quite centered. As my husband reminded me, it's about progress :) Also, the contrast between the light purple on my nail and the dark purple on the stamp image isn't quite as noticeable as I thought it might be. Since the stamp image is a little wonky though I guess that works out for the best! Once I really get the hang of this I'll do some white and black stamping or other stuff that'll really pop! I coated everything in two coats of Seche Vite which I treated myself to this weekend :)

Enjoy the pics!







6 comments:

  1. gorgeous colours! theyre so flattering!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! I recently made swatch sticks and it makes it so much easier to pick and choose color combos :)

      Delete
  2. such a pretty shade of purple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. March 16th was your last post. That is over two weeks ago! Surely you have had some new nails/designs by then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know! I have done some new nail designs since March 16th, but I wasn't very pleased with them. My husband keeps telling me that I should post everything, even my "fails", but it is hard for a perfectionist like me to get over the frustration of not being pleased with the end result!

      Nice to know I have some loyal followers. Thank you for reading my blog!

      Delete