Sunday, March 9, 2014

Luck of the Irish

It may be five days away, but I. Am. Ready!!! Happy St. Patty's Day!!!


I know, I know... in my last post I couldn't stop talking about how excited I was to try out the new MoYou plates I'd just bought. But last week I also kept thinking about how I wanted to do a special St. Patty's Day mani, and with work and my schedule I knew I wouldn't have time to do anything this Wednesday or Thursday evening. So I decided to just get ahead of the game and do my St. Patty's mani a bit early. Hopefully it holds up well and still looks decent by Friday!!!

I created this with China Glaze Paper Chasing on the pinky, pointer, and thumb; Sally Hansen Triple Shine Kelp Out on my ring finger; and Orly White Tips on the middle finger. The clover is Paper Chasing and on the pinky & pointer I added a "pot of gold" with Orly Too Fab. And of course I couldn't stop there so I added some emerald green rhinestones on my ring finger! Too much??? ;)

I am pretty pleased with how the clover turned out. I know it's not much yet but it's my first "freehand art". Also, I think Paper Chasing is an amazing green, and although it's not really in my wheelhouse I would totally wear this all by itself!

Hope everyone enjoys their green beer this Friday!!! More pics below :)









Sorry about my greasy fingers! I had put cuticle oil on and was too excited to wait to take the pictures :)

6 comments:

  1. That cloverleaf is nicely done. How many times did you have to practice before you had enough confidence to do it on the nail? or are you just naturally artistic?

    Maybe next year you can do a St. Patty's laser nail!

    Great blog, and I look forward to your future posts and ideas. You definitely inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe - I did two practice clovers before trying on my nail. The first one was actually better than the second one but I decided to give it a go anyway! Lucky for me, third time's a charm :)

      Delete
  2. I love the clover leaf. Its detailed and clean. Nice mani :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! I appreciate the encouragement :)

      Delete
  3. Paper Chasing is gorgeous! I love all these different designs, they go really well together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I enjoyed looking at this one all week long and luckily even the rhinestones held up! Now I am plotting for my next design :-D

      Delete